Last Days in Kenya

 Well I’ve been experiencing what you might call an emotional constipation. I guess it’s better than a physical one. I’ve been feeling a bit at a loss when it comes to writing anything. There is so much, but I can’t quite process it.

It feels extreme. Extreme joy at being able to be used by God even in a small way. Extreme sorrow at meeting previous children whose ribs stick out in hunger. Elation at being able to introduce some of our favorite people to one another, heaviness at being introduced to a teenager who was married off at age 11 and now struggling in her school and unable to escape her situation because she doesn’t want to leave her baby. It’s the wonder of my children getting to go on safari, see elephants and make new friends, coupled with the hardship of having a sick baby in Africa. The challenge of my young ones grows as they have battled sickness and now seem tired and overwhelmed by all that is new. New faces greet them and they hide behind me, kids try to befriend them and they cry and run away. It’s a lot to take in. 

I feel so amazed and honored by what God has done. I’m thankful beyond belief for being a part of being able to rescue kids out of darkness. I’m undone by getting to witness my sons declare the works of the Lord and hear my eldest leading people to Christ in his sermon. God is faithful.

I smile as I see my boys running across fields, surrounded by new friends, lapping up every minute of it with joy. My heart is torn as I want to show the precious kids here how special they are and spend time with them, but my own littles need me as they become tired and ready to be at home. 

There is so much work still to do. To raise a generation and train them up in the way they should go, seems a daunting task. For me at home with my littles, and even more so for

The hundreds of orphans and vulnerable children here. That’s where faith comes in. 

I choose to belief that coming here was important and will make an impact beyond what I can see. 


Please pray over the next coming days for :

Celebration day - fun and games with kids - for joy and connection with kids, that they encounter the love of God

Baptisms today- kids to encounter Jesus and be set free

Sunday services - our last times to minister here 

Travel mercies and safety- as I’m traveling home a few days earlier than titus, pray travel goes smoothly for the family without him. Pray also our team members who will be taking his place as Essie and Ruby’s travel buddies ;) 

Health for the kids- Ezra and Esther and Ruby have battled colds. Ezra and Esther seem to have turned the corner but Ruby is having a rough day today. Thank you for holding us up in prayer! 

Comments

Popular Posts