Today

Four years ago today, I gave birth to one of my favorite people on earth, my son Judah.
Two years ago today I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl, Isabelle. She was lovely, her soft features formed to perfection, complete with chubby face. I can only image how much more lovely she would have been if she was alive.
Today, I give thanks for the short life of my daughter, which was lived entirely inside of my womb. I'm sure she gets a better view from heaven.
She was a gift from God to our family, yet somehow like a present left unopened, we do not get to fully appriciate all that she was meant to be. At least, not now.
More than being thankful for my daughter though, I am thankful for another gift. The precious life of my savior Jesus, that was given for us. Through Him, there is no tear that cannot be wiped away. In him, there is life everlasting, power over death and joy that knows no end. He is the only one who can make beauty out of ashes. It is not a trite statement. From the deepest place in my heart, I know he reached down and picked me up, when I felt there was only rubble. I am astounded at what he has done in my heart and yet somehow I know, this is just the begining.
PS - I don't forget the people who God used in my life to pour out love. I can't think back on that season of loss in our lives without thinking of the amazing support we had (and still have) from our friends and family. You all are a gift from God that I appriciate every day! Thank you.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts