Go Big or Go Home

People have asked, I myself have wondered. Should we wait? Should we not get too excited or too prepared for this baby because of, well, last time. I have to say that my husband in his infinite wisdom summed it up best. We were talking about having a baby girl and a cloud passed over my expression. He looked at me and confidently stated, "This time is going to be different." His simple statement nearly reduced me to tears (although I will admit that is not much of an accomplishment these days).

He was right though. It is going to be different. We are not having a memorial, but a baby shower. Nothing will be buried unless we turn into those weird people who save their placenta for burial under a special tree (Just teasing you friends of mine who do this, you know who you are and I love you!).

My sister gave me a word she felt the Lord spoke to her about not holding back on loving this baby girl. She is special, she is worthy of love and she is worth connecting to. She and I have a special bond.

There is something unnerving about people who have been through the heartbreak of loss and yet are willing risk all in love again. It is inspiring. Wait! It is Jesus. He knew what it was to be abandoned, rejected and condemned and yet never for one moment did he consider holding back his love. That is radical.

It is having received this radical love that empowers us to love this radically, with complete abandon, with no strings attached.  I am so thankful that I have been given this gift of love, so thankful that I can walk in love, grow in love and live in love. I'm so thankful that we serve a God who is love. What better substance to exist in, especially when you are growing an adorable baby girl?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love you and love this.

Popular Posts