Why it's worth it.

"As I encircled my arms around him, I felt the rhythms of his breathing as a beckoning to peace within my soul. The warmth of his skin spread through my arms and he seemed to melt into my embrace as into a cocoon  of love. There was something indescribably beautiful in the softness of his newly formed features. I held him close as he slept, knowing this moment would too quickly pass. Soon he would no longer be content to sleep in my arms. He would be on to bigger and better things. He would not have time for moments like these.But now he was my babe, sleeping softly, eyelids fluttering, lovely in his perfection. Rest little one, rest. For tomorrow the world is yours but for today you are still mine."
I came across this years-old journal entry and it helped me to remember by these 45 or so, days I have left of pregnancy are worth it. All this discomfort will soon be forgotten.

Comments

Popular Posts