Embracing Now

 

"Don't be in a hurry." I hear the Spirit whisper to my soul. "Don't wish this time away."  "Don't rush through this season."  It's so easy to long for the next thing, the next time, the next season. I can't wait till...... you fill in the blank. For me it's been,  till the baby sleeps through the night, till my husband is home from his hunting trip, till the elections are over, till we are done with this stupid quarantine business.  In the quiet hours, the sleeplessness nights when I sensed the longing  for an easier future time, I felt the strength of his presence guiding me to embrace the now.  I will not
always have this precious time with my baby in the middle of the night - not with her and Jesus in the quiet hours just us together.

The world will not be in the tumult of electing Donald Trump forever, but this is a unique moment in the hinge of history, upon which the future of nations hang in the balance. We must not rush the necessity for quiet prayers and bold intercession. This time may not be easy but it is important.

The time when my husband and boys are away hunting, leaving me with a newborn among the 5 children at home. Not easy. But even then I hear the Lord saying, "Learn to lean into me. I am your portion." We are tempted to want to escape from these difficult moments but in them important things are happening. Nations, relationships and strong character qualities are born. We must not rush through the seasons but rather, settle down into what God is doing.



Comments

Popular Posts