Erythema Multiforme = suffering for Hug household

Thank God that my poor baby is feeling better. We are all in recovery. I say all, because Judah kept us all up when he was really bad. Poor thing, he kept grabbing at himself and crying. He would fall asleep and then wake up in the night grabbing his little face and arms. He was inconsolable. The only thing that would make him stop crying is to nurse. And we were just going to wean! But he nursed pretty much all night - so needless to say I am SORE and I will leave it at that and spare you any more details. :)






These are at the ER: We woke up on Tueday and he had some spots on his legs and body, gradually as we traveled the 12 hours home from Florida that day - he got worse and worse and crabbier and crabbier. Our flight to Seattle was HORRID. I guess that is what we get for going to Florida. The doc said that it could be from a medicine, but he only had childrens' motrin, so she said it was more likely caused by a virus. Who knows. I just know that our plan to go to Florida and get healthy and then come home and be healty until spring, didn't quite pan out. Thank God Judah is getting better though, this whole thing was pretty scary.


My poor baby at the emergency room. He is feeling better today, but still looks kinda rough. We are praying for his speedy recovery. Doctor said it was Erythema Multiforme.


















Posted by Picasa

Comments

Cecelia said…
Poor little guy! Did the doctor say how long it sticks around?
Kendra said…
OH MY GOSH!!! That looks aweful!! I hope he is feeling better by now. Poor Judah. :-(
Elizabeth said…
The doctor didn't say how long it sticks around, but she did say that it was progressing very quickly. I looked online and it said 4 to 6 weeks, but I think God is blessing us with super recovery because he is looking so much better today. Thank you Jesus!
Swannee said…
Poor baby. Yay for nursing when babies are sick...Skin things are so weird and scary at the same time.
lybh said…
My daughter had the same thing. We are also in seattle. She looked better already in 4 days but still crabby. It was not itchy at the beginning, but she started scratching today. I'm worried it's getting itchy now. I have no idea this will last for 4-6 weeks. She is definitely not herself. :(

Popular Posts