The Humiliation of Motherhood

A friend who we hadn't seen all summer invited us to the cutest little kid's bookstore for story time.
While we were visiting, the topic of potty training came up. I excitedly shared our recent potty training success. Judah had been doing great! She asked me for any advice and I, the expert potty trainer, happilyy regaled her with tales of our triumphs in potty training.
A moment later as the kids did their craft at the table, Judah took a moment to stop and stand on his chair then put one foot on the table. I began reprimanding him, telling him to sit down. His response was, "Pee, mommy." at which point streams of clear liquid came cascading down unto the boutique kiddie table, miniature maple chair, and surrounding carpet.
We had gone potty before we left. He had consumed no fluids within the last hour. This was not supposed to happen. Luckily our friend, as well as the store's owner were beyond gracious and helpful. We survived.
Advice? Do, I have any advice, you ask? Yes. My advice, to you as well as myself, is to live a grace- filled life. There will be failure. There is always grace. Thank you, Jesus.
Because of our potty fiasco, I was not in the mood to forage for healthy food. We went to McDonald's and ate cheeseburgers and coke. I was not kidding about the grace. I bath in it.
The least I can do for the bookstore that so graciously dealt with Judah's pee incident is to give them a shameless plug and say that they are awesome. You should check out Tinman Too on Garland. Its a really cute place and they have a great selection of kids books, plus storytime on Monday at 11:30 (with a craft). You might have so much fun that you can't contain yourself.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts