My Cowboy (who's like a scientist)


I know this may be redundant, but I love this guy. Yesterday I was stripping a bookshelf in the lawn. Joe asked me why I wasn't doing it on the sidewalk, explaining that then the grass wouldn't be in the way and I could see anything I dropped to clean it up easily. I told him what a great idea that was, proclaiming his brilliance in making such a discovery. He then told me gleefully that he was a "Sinus". I was confused. He explained, " You know a person who makes discoveries."
Oh, a, "Scientist".
"Yeah, I'm like a scientist."
"You are a scientist?"
"No, I'm like a scientist."
"Oh, so you are like a scientist, but not a scientist?" When he nodded in the affirmative, I asked him why.
"Because, I'm a cowboy." Of course, how could I have forgotten?
*
It's fun to be able to share knowing glances with Joe. Last night the boys asked me if I could sing to them before bed. Although this may have been a stalling tactic (okay so it was obviously a stalling tactic) what mom could resist two little blond darlings begging for a bedtime lullaby? Every time I started singing a song, Judah would say he didn't want that one. "No Twinkle Stars!" Then I would start another song and he would request a song previously dismissed. "Sing Twinkle Stars". Joe got a kick out of this, every time Judah would request a song that he had just declared he didn't like, Joe would look at me and we would both bust up laughing. Judah may have been trying to go on a little power trip, but Joe and I got a kick out of it. Little people are such fun.
*
Joe was begging to watch a Bob the Builder video that we own. We had to return an educational farm video to the library the next day and I wanted the boys to watch it before we brought it back. Joe was crying out for Bob the builder. Then I explained to him that the farm video was about an apple farm, that it had machines and showed how apples got to the store. I told him that he could learn some skills in case he ever had to work on an apple farm. Immediately he wanted to watch the farm video. Such an industrius little man I have.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts