One day in February

If you give a three year old free access to carrots, bad things will happen. Originally I was so thrilled that my children wanted to eat a vegetable that I forgot about the consequences. I will let you use your imagination here. Titus and I calculated that the amount of carrots Judah consumed last night and this morning would be equivalent to Titus eating 20 carrots in a 12 hour period. These are the important kinds of things we calculate around here.

*
I have been a bit sick this week which has led me to dwell on the subject of snot, or more specifically mucus. I know this may not interest you, but I was wondering what it's purpose is. Why do we have so much of it stuck in our chest, nose and head when we get sick? I just don't know.

The other thing I have wondered is why does your nose run when you eat hot or spicy foods, or when you go for a walk in the cold. Are these things just as good as a decongestant? Do I want to get all the mucus out, because no matter how much comes out I keep making more, so really is there any point? The reason I was wondering this is because I spent a few hours outside today, nose running like crazy, and I do feel much better.

This got me to thinking about my ancestors, who slept on cold sleeping porches, snuggled in with lots of blankets. I know my sister-in-law's parents still sleep in a cold room at night. I was wondering if that air temperature as any effect on the sinus passageways.

As you can see I am a deep thinker. Not everyone ponders the meaning of phlegm.

*
Today Joe asked me for a second serving of cantaloupe. I said, "You sure are a cantaloupe snarfer."
His reply, "No mom, I only asked for 2. Snarfers eat hundreds."

*
The battle of dinnerware continues in the Hug household. I thought we would avoid crisis because I had given both Joe and Judah matching plates, glass no less. As we sat down to dinner, Judah began to cry and tried to grab my water glass. Apperently he was not satisfied with his plastic cup. His excact feelings about his cup, "I hate it!" After recieving some correction from his father and being told to be thankful for what he was given, Titus told Judah to be happy with his glass. Judah had to get the last word in, "It's not a glass." Judah cried. Indeed the plastic sippy cup testified to the truth of his statement.

Comments

Popular Posts