What's in a name?



Titus wasn't sure about the name Asher. When I started thinking about a name I wanted one that meant Joy, because I knew that this child would bring such joy to our family.


I couldn't find one that meant joy, but pretty close was happy. Asher means happy, blessed.


"Then Leah said, "How happy I am! The women will call me happy." So she named him Asher" Gen 30:13


Asher also means favor and prosperity.


"About Asher he said: "Most blessed of sons is Asher; let him be favored by his brothers, and let him bathe his feet in oil." Deuteronomy 33:24


When I was reading about Jonathan in the Bible, I was struck by his courage and I liked the name. When I looked it up, I saw it meant 'Gift of God' and I knew that was appropriate.


So there you have it. Asher Jonathan, Blessed, Happy, Gift of God

P.S. After all this, I hardly think it matters what you name a baby for the first few months. So far we call him Rooshky, Skaroot, and Ewwy Gooey Baby




Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts