Barking and My cute son

Today, Joe and Judah got up early to go on a drive with their dad to work. When I was talking to Joe today he told me that he got up early, "Actually mom, I kinda liked it."
I answered, "You must be your father's son."
Then I heard a whisper from the backseat, "It's sorta manly."
*
It certainly is true that early rising is a manly trait in our house. Today I got to sleep in till 9:30, praise the Lord! Yesterday I felt as though I might die after running 5 miles and watching the kids all day while Titus was off at the Republican county convention. I collapsed into bed ready for a good night sleep - only to have the neighbor dog bark ALL NIGHT! I even went over in my jammies, a blanket, and two mismatched slippers at ten thirty, but no one answered. 
This had me wondering how neighborly it would be to shoot the neighbor's dog. Titus offered to get the shotgun out but thought the direction of the shot would be easily traceable to our window. 

The problem is this dog is on the block behind us, and I don't even know who lives there. The dog barked a lot today too and I never saw a person home. I am beginning to worry that the dog was left with no food and water, or that something happened to the people that live there. I guess if he barks all night again, I'll do something tomorrow. But what? 

Anyhow, in addition to the barking last night, kids were up 4 times. We tried to let Asher cry (because he does not NEED to nurse twice at night) but only lasted for 19 minutes. He is a persistent fellow. Tonight the plan was to fatten him up with a huge dinner. We will see if that works. If he can only sleep as well as he did in this picture....... 
*
Also, while on the topic of sleep disturbances, Joe came down from his bed tonight with a new excuse. 
"I can't fall asleep." 
"Why not?"
"I keep yawning too much."
Well there's a vicious cycle for you. 

Comments

Ben & Hannah said…
Seriously, call the non-emergency police number about the dog if it happens again. I think they only have to witness it once for it to be a warning, twice to be a city fine. That should get their attention.

Popular Posts