A DAY OF HUGS

These are special times, especially today. It was glorious spring weather - in the 70s in April, which is quite an accomplishment in the city of spokane, where we have been known to have snow in April more often than not. I found myself in this perplexing state - the house was a disastrous mess and I was happy. So happy. 

The kids are great. Asher is just a love dumpling. He smiles, he coos, he has chubby legs. Its great. He does try to do climbing exercises while he is nursing, as well as watch passing by objects while suckling so I'm not gonna be too sad when he is done nursing. But for now, he is pretty darn cute. We call him squishy. And also I call him "yersa" like - yersa cute! and " yers is" the cutest baby ever. 

Joe is fun. He recently told TItus that he is reconsidering cowboy as a profession, its far down on the list, but at least it is there again.  He's been begging for the neighbor girl to come over and play. Today she came over. When asked her name by a friend she answered, "I gave my self a new name. I'm sparkly." Later Joe came up and told me, "Mom she changed her name and It's really "Sparkly" now.!"

Today on our walk I was trying to teach the boys about caring for our community by picking up trash we saw. This was all well and good until we stumbled on a piece of trash I did not approve of. Joe picked it up and passed it to Judah, He had it unwrapped before I could gasp, "PUT THAT DOWN!" The boys looked at me befuddled. In terror I whacked the offending object out of Judah's hand before he could wipe the confused look off his face. The boys weren't sure why I was so upset by a bit of plastic and string. Yes, you guessed it, a tampon.  After recovering from our walk and retelling this story to Titus, he explained to me that it was obviously unused. from my description. Oh duh, I guess I shouldn't have been quite so traumatized. Oh well, so much for community mindedness. Who leaves a tampon in the street anyway? Be it used or unused.  And on that happy thought, I bid you a fair night. 

Comments

Popular Posts