Romantic getaways and shedding jewelry

It was a traumatic moment that caused me to remove my wedding ring as fast as humanly possible. That being considered, for a romantic getaway there could have been worse outcomes than a broken finger.

Oh but it hurts! My husband feels terrible, which i appreciate because I feel pretty terrible myself. He was after all, the one who gave me the ring and brought me into the mountains on horseback, the one to open the map that spooked the horse that started the whole trip downhill, so to speak.  If any of that helped, I could spend more time blaming him, but it doesn't ease the pain. It was my decision to have an adventure and an adventure we had! There are no victims here. Only some stupid and injured people.

When we began our journey I was slightly uneasy around horses, now I am deathly afraid of them. Not unreasonable fear mind you, just the certain knowledge that these lurking animals have the potential to kill me. I am not dead - so that is the good news :)


 

 Also more good news - we did have an adventure!


Comments

Popular Posts