Missing - 30 Days of Authenticity #1

As I wake up this morning I realize that something has gone missing. This is not all that unusual as things are often misplaced in our home.
The problem is that the particular thing I noticed out of place this morning is something of incredible value.
Somewhere amid the stacks of dishes, the baskets of laundry and the piles of unsorted paperwork, I had  lost sight of where my value comes from.
This is something I could preach a sermon on, yet in the quiet (and not so quiet) moments, it slips away from me. Somewhere in the back of my brain I associate my value with the number of things I can get done.
I was listening to a speaker who stated that multitasking is a killer for productivity. When you try to focus on more than 1 thing your productivity drops by 28%. I have four small children who seldom allow me to focus on one thing. If the measure of a person's worth is productivity, I'm screwed.
Thankfully I have a guide to find my value.
Here are a few sign posts back toward the right direction:

How precious to me are your thoughts, oh God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them they would outnumber the sand. When I am awake I am still with you. Ps 139:17-18

Indeed all the hairs of your head are counted. Don't be afraid: you are worth more than many sparrows! Luke 12;7

You were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and by the spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:11

And that folks, is why you may find my house, my children and my very life in varying states of chaos, but my soul will set up residence in a place of unbridled peace.

Comments

Popular Posts