Trials and Triumphs

So, I am pretty convinced that my son is awesome. This latest story is just a confirmation . :) Lately I have been feeling pretty yucky. I am prone to wander around the house with my hand on my stomach and a sour look on my face. Joe always looks at me pitifully and asks, "baby hurting your tummy, mom?"

Lately, whenever I say, "yes" he says, "Jesus coming. Jesus make your tummy better." This sweet little reminder of my father's love and his healing power is such a blessing to me. Today, Joe said, "I ask Jesus to come and make your tummy better." So I am getting prayers from so many of you, dear readers, as well as my dear three year old son ;)

The other day, Joe said, "Jesus coming. Jesus gunna bring you a castle and make your tummy feel better." The castle has not yet materialized, but I do feel like a princess. So utterly loved by my father the King and so spoiled by my prince charming husband who changes poopy diapers and takes the kids to work sometimes.

Also I have to share Judah's new skill, which is to throw things in the garbage. I guess that in itself isn't a new skill. The skill part is that now he throws items on command such as poopy diapers and crumpled papers, instead of items at random, such as sippy cups and keys. He can also put away his coat in the closet. He is working on walking while holding your hand. Currently he does okay, if Joe and I tag team him and each take an arm. It's more like dragging/ walking, but we will take what we can get around here.

In potty training news Joe has gone for three consecutive days without an incident. He still wears his diaper at night, but sometimes it stays dry. The main thing is that we have about 95% of his waste going in the right place now ;) We are almost all there. YAY!

God is so good and I am desprately seeking to learn to live engulfed in his extravagant grace.

Comments

Swannee said…
What sweet children! Thank you for sharing--you are indeed loved!

Popular Posts