Surprises

One of the greatest things about living with children is that you never know what to expect. For example, the other day while we were all on the couch during family movie night I looked over to discover that Joe was hunched over Judah's foot. On closer investigation I discovered that Joe's mouth was actually covering Judah's toes. He was doing his best to help his brother with his personal grooming while Judah reclined in a relaxed position, apparently unfazed that his brother was trimming his toenails with his teeth.



This was not Joe's first attempt to use his teeth as a toenail clippers. He had done so before on his own feet and been told that this was not appropriate behavior. Apparently he figured if he couldn't do his own, maybe it would be okay to do his brothers.



The worst part was that I was continually having to pull Judah away from my own toes, where he intended to continue in this familial toenail cutting practice. I can imagine a conversation now, "Elizabeth how do you manage to keep your toe nails trimmed with your belly sticking out so far?"

"Oh, I just have my two year old munch on them for awhile and I'm good to go. "


Boys are so gross.

Comments

Popular Posts