Current Events

I was singing in the bathroom when Joe came in and told me to be quiet. He told me his dog was sleeping in his bedroom. Sceptical, I asked Joe what his dog was named. "Arfurg". It starts with a T then a V then a J then an S, according to Joe. It also has an R and two T's followed by an M. Later Joe had a moment of remembrance and came to me and said, "Actually his name is Drango."
I replied, " I thought he was 'Arfurg'."
"Arfurg is actually Drango." was Joe's answer.

I now have to keep quiet so the dog can sleep; such is the imaginary dog situation in our house. (I think this was actually Joe's polite way of telling me that my singing sucks)

Anyhow this above mentioned anecdote was a bit of laughter in the midst of my tears. My husband has been absolutely miserable for 5 days. Today the Dr. said he has mono. The problem is his throat. It is swollen, bloody, and has puss pockets. It hurts him to drink, eat or talk. Yesterday there was also white swollen bumps on his lips and a big sore on the front of his mouth. I will spare you any more detail than that.

He walks around with a pained expression on his face and grimaces whenever he tries to drink eat or talk. It is horrible. I feel so supremely helpless. He is in pain and there seems to be nothing to do to help. It's pretty much misery. Poor guy.

Please pray for him to feel better. I've heard mono is rough and can have a long recovery time. I am just praying for a miraculous recovery and no more pain. Please join me. I feel sort of hopeless right now - but I know that feelings are most unreliable.

I know I shouldn't be the one to complain when he is the one in pain, but I'm just overwhelmed.
So here's me being a big baby. I just want my blankie and bunny and to crawl into bed! :)

Comments

Kendra said…
That sounds aweful! We will definitely be praying for Titus...and for the rest of you as you survive with a sick Titus. :-(
Kendra said…
Oh, and I'm glad Joe didn't forget about Drango. I was worried when I heard about Arfurg. :-p

Popular Posts