Thanksgiving

I couldn't let today pass without taking a minute to say thank you to all the dear people who have helped carry me through these last few months. Today was Thanksgiving, but also marks the two month birthday of my daughter. Maybe God planned that because he knew how sentimental I am about dates.

In an unusual turn of events, I find myself without words to express how I feel. I am so deeply grateful to all of you. I am grateful for the flowers, the words of love, the acceptance I felt in my weakest moments. I am grateful for the play dates, the baked goods, and the cards. I am thankful for the hugs, the chocolates and the willingness to share the uncomfortable silences - knowing that sometimes, there are just no words. I am thankful for the phone calls that continue to come, and the voice mails of persistent friends who know that even though often I don't answer I feel loved just because they called.

Wow is really all I can say, I think you may never know what all your gestures - big and small- have meant to me. What more can I say than thank you. I have been upheld because you were there when I needed you the most.

P.S. Don't let this fool you into thinking that I am all better now. Keep the love coming (mostly in the form of hugs and chocolates)- I am a desperate and needy woman :) (okay - so I was kidding about the chocolates. I don't need to keep this baby weight around in rememberence of my daughter - the hugs I will take though ;) )

Comments

Popular Posts