Vomiting

Don't you just hate being sick?

What I can't decide is whether or not to bite the bullet and try to induce vomiting so I can get over this crazy nausea. Do you have that happen in the middle of the night, where you wake up with random sickness that makes you want to puke - but there is this small hope that maybe your stomach will just calm down and you can go back to sleep? The experience of throwing up is horrible enough for me that I sometimes try to coax my tummy into calming down. The best way to do this is with pop. I prefer the hard stuff- straight Coke.

You know that a beverage that can eat up a solid nail has got to be good for killing something in the stomach area (hmm maybe just the waistline). Alas, we never keep the hard stuff on hand. If we did, someone would drink it because it's so darn yummy, so even then we wouldn't have it on hand.

The best we have is an old dented can of Pepsi One. I think it was a a cast off from Caleb and Kendra when we visited them last summer (thanks for sharing guys :) ). Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I may just have to go induce vomiting and get it over with if I have and hope for another hour of sleep. The problem with diet pop is the added risk that one may have to endure it's sickeninly sweet taste not just once, but twice. I know this is probably too much information for you, but who else am I supposed to complain to before 6 in the morning?

I don't know what is wrong with my tummy, maybe I just have an adverse physical reaction to exercise after all :)

Comments

Cecelia said…
I feel your pain. Last spring I had some sort of bug that left me nauseated for a week. I finally bit the bullet and forced myself about 3 days in and it didn't help at all. I'll be praying that you feel better soon!
Kendra said…
Being sick is the pits! However I must say that I think it is better to be sick than to be caring for a sick child. At least you can control where your vomit goes...

Hope you feel better. How is Titus doing?
Elizabeth said…
I so agree, Kendra. I have kept all bodily fluids in appropriate areas, which is more than I can say for sick children. :)

Titus is doing much better. He is just a bit tired and has a sore throat (like a regular one, not like dragon fire and boils bad like before)

Popular Posts