The cousins

Overheard at the Breakfast table:

H: "My mommy has a sister in her her tummy."
J: "My mommy has a baby in her tummy, too. But your mom's baby is sooner, a few weeks."
H: "How do babies get in the tummy?"

(at this point I am inquisitive as I hear the brief pause in conversation)

J: "God puts them there. God is SOOOOOO BIG!"
H: "Yes God is so big and Jesus is so big, but he is small enough to go in our heart."
J: "Uh hu. Jesus is SOOOOOOO BIG, but he can still fit in our heart."
H: "How does he fit in our heart?"
J: "He squishes." (laughter) "No."

Having finished their theological discussion for the day, the kids run off to play and I am left smiling. Children are such a joy.

Comments

Kendra said…
It's fun to get an insight into how they think. Our kids are so cute. :-D

Popular Posts