To Hawaii we go!

When we left the kids with their grandparents I almost cried. I do hate to leave them. They are the greatest ever! But.......We are going to Hawaii! They will have a great time with their grandparents, who they seldom see and we will have a great time being in Maui :) It's a win/win. I'm still a little sad because we aren't in Hawaii yet and I'm just at home and the house seems so empty without the boys. I had to force myself to get a grip every time I went into their room and it was empty. But I haven't cried yet, which if you have been around me lately, you will know is a big feat.

To cheer myself up since I don't get to kiss any cute little cheeks or tuck in any little feet tonight, I had to go digging in the archives of Hawaii visits past. Here we were (Judah in tummy) in Kauai. Even though Titus is holding me like this we hadn't found out I was pregnant yet. Maybe we knew instinctively. This time we are taking mystery baby with us. I think that is fair. Then the children will have each been to Hawaii once :)
I am so thankful for the most amazing in-laws ever keeping our kids, and for wonderful friends to vacation with, and for the evil credit card company that gives us airline miles for our business. :) I shall spend much time dwelling upon God's goodness.

If you are feeling a tid bit jealous I will offer you a few small thoughts to help you cope. 1) The weather in Spokane was almost 50 and sunny today - January. Amazing! 2) We will probably get painful sunburns within 12 hours and be forced to lay weeping and covered in green goo. 3) I may have to wear my old lady socks if these varicose veins keep acting up. Imagine me, my sexy legs clad in gleaming white knee highs, bulging varicose veins showing above that all set off with a nice pair of shorts and sandals. Lovely image isn't it.

If that doesn't help, then I'm out of luck. Have a cup of tea for me and snuggle a bit tighter with that fuzzy blanket. Maybe find a roaring fire to gaze upon. That should do the trick. If not, just remind yourself, in less than 6 months the sun will be shining till 9 at night and we'll all be wearing flip flops together. What's 6 months for a bunch of hearty northerners like us?
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts