Excellante

I just love to see someone doing what they do with passion and excellence. I think of the proverb that says the skilled craftsman will not serve before obscure men, but before kings. I really want to take those excellent people out there and show them to kings. If we had a palace I would want to drag them right to it.

I had a delicious "Jack Hammer" that the barista crafted with such skill, it made my day. She even put a beautiful swirl on top and pressed the lid just so that you could see the pattern. Delightful.

I went to a coffee shop (Maple Street Bistro if you want to visit) as freshly baked scones were coming out of the oven. They were a perfect blend of flavors, not too sweet, with a delightful flaky crumb. I could just sense the passion oozing out from behind the counter where they told me that they use only the freshest ingredients, seasonal and local when they can. Baked fresh every morning. What commitment, what extravagance. Someone woke up at the butt crack of morning, got out of bed, zipped over to their shop and started baking just so I could have a freshly baked scone made with love. The lifespan of that little scone couldn't have been more than an hour. But it was so worth it.

This does not only apply to coffee shops, but that is just happens to be the center of my earthly universe. I notice it elsewhere too. An exceptional sales person,  someone who answers a phone somewhere and actually cares,  and so many people who work with my husband in the building trade. Those who do what they do with excellence, passion and commitment stand out. Doesn't matter if its dog-walking, day care or deck building - people who do what they do with their whole heart are inspiring.

Here's to doing what you do with excellence! I should be able to apply that presently, I am an exceptional sleeper. Don't be surprised if you see me sleeping in a palace sometime soon ;) Goodnight

Comments

Popular Posts