Small Thoughts

It's hard to get a good nap these days. Today as I finally achieved slumber on the couch while Joe was watching a kid's movie, I was awakened by a small voice. I looked up to see a small face inces from mine. "What is it, Joe?" I asked him.

"Mommy, I made a stinky toot on the couch. It's stinky over there." I was so glad he hadn't let me sleep through this momentous happening.

So, I've been pretty tired lately. The other day we were on the way to the park and I took a detour to the coffee shop. Joe asked me where we were going. I told him I was going to get coffee. He replied, "You have a baby in your tummy."

"So." I answered, trying to squelsh my guilt.

"Baby no like coffee." Joe informed me. Well, tough luck baby - because mommy has to keep her eyes open for the rest of the day. So, I am already getting parenting advice from my three year old. Good advice at that. Children are such a great opportunity for growing humility.

In other news, suddenly my little son can talk. I mean the really little one. Today Judah said "apple" and "up". I guess it never occured to me that he would talk. When I was cutting up an apple and he said, "ah-pple". I looked over at him like, "what the heck?" I guess since Joe didn't say anything much until he was 2 (or was it 3? ;) ), I never expected words from Judah. Duh? Or maybe I'm just too tired to expect much of anything ;)

Comments

Elizabeth,
I appreciate how you are so real and amazing.
Swannee said…
I love your posts. I hope that you get to nap some, although it's nice that Joe includes you in every part of his life. And that's so exciting that Judah speaks!

Popular Posts