Unexpected blessings.


 It is difficult for me to describe my experience so far as it has been a series of highs and lows, emotionally speaking. I knew it would be hard to haul eight children half way around the world. I knew it would test me and try me and bring me to my breaking point. Yet somehow I found myself suprised when I was there. 

I want to share a few words the Lord has given me, a few testomonies of His kindness and a prayer request. 

Yesterday the Lord told me that I had been trying to manage my kayak on his river. He wanted me to stop trying to navigate the waters. Stop trying to be in control and abandon ship! Jump wholheartedly into His presence. He then showed me a life preserver, Jesus. He wants me to be completely in over my head. Desperate clinging to Jesus with every fiber of my being, as though my life depended on Him. Because it does. 

The second word the Lord gave me is that He is strengthening my spirit man on this trip. So often our flesh is what we worry about strengthening, by going to the gym, trying a new diet or pushing our mental abilities to the edge. But how much time do we spend strengthening our spirits through worship, prayer, fasting and time in His word? Sometimes these experiences that try the flesh offer us to strengthen our spirit man. I am thankful for that. 

A few blessings that felt like kisses from heaven for me; our dear friend John, is very caring and went and picked fresh eucalyptus leaves that they made a steam bath for me to cover and breath in. It was very potent when they added the menthol to it, so I decided it would be a good time to laugh while I was attempting to breathe. This revived my body and soul after sleeping only 4 or 5 hours in 2 days. 

The next night, without knowing that  I had some mysterious itch develop on my feet, they told me they were going to do a spa scrub on my feet and washed and scrubbed and pumiced them for me and then rubbed them with oil. We laughed that they were not just a missionary house here - but also a spa! Such small blessings have encouraged me greatly in the trials of having the kids off schedule, away from home, everything different, and being so tired. We praise God for His faithfulness to care for us in details large and small. 

Finally, my prayer request, I have been fighting a UTI for weeks. I got a rx from the Dr. before we left but it has not been effictive. Please pray for healing in my body and no more pain. Thank you! Love you all so much. Remember to have a laugh break!

God is on the throne and the enemy has been defeated!

Comments

Popular Posts