Fall at the Arboredum (and at home)

Getting a Judah pic on my iphone is harder than one might think, he is so dang fast, I am lucky if I can actually catch him, let alone get him to look at me.

Joe and I were out raking today. He had a blast jumping in the giant pile of leaves. Luckily our 4 maple trees come in handy this time of year to offer a vast supply of piling material. It was pretty cute, our neighbor came over and didn't even see Joe, hidden in the leaves, until he popped up and surprised her.
Looking at the lovely maples that line our boulevard here, I am reminded of one of the reasons we bought this house. We first saw it in the fall, when the leaves were starting to turn. And I fell in love. Even though it was an ugly green house at the time, it had a promising front porch and a tree lined street, what more could a girl want.


So we went to Finch arboredum for the first time (being a 15 year Spokane resident that is sad to say). It was beautiful and the boys loved roaming around freely. Thanks, Kait for the inspiration. This is Sam and Joe, Sam, clearly trying to protect them from the Paparazzi (or their moms)



Joe refuses to look at me for the pictures, but will, however hold his hands in an interesting pose.



Again, with the camera avoidance:





I think every baby should have a moose sweater:






Judah enjoying his first fall experiences.










I'm pretty sure Judah is one of the cutest guys ever, don't you think? Joe here looks like he is thinking: "One wrong turn and this thing is gonna blow. Don't worry everyone, I know what to do."









Children, unsuccessfully attempting to cause some mischief:








Children, doing what we always tell them they should - reaching for the sky.












Sometimes I forget why I love Spokane. Then, occasionally I am awakened from the daze of life that has me in a somewhat numb state, and I look upon the breathtaking creation that is before me:










So beautiful. I am thrilled to live in a place with 4 seasons, where people (for the most part) are genuinely friendly and kind, in a nation where I have the freedom to worship and the right to vote. I am privelidged to be able to be with my children at home watching this wonderful life unfold before me. Yes, I am truly blessed.











Comments

Popular Posts