Maple syrup

So, I know Grade A maple syrup is of medium amber and suitable for eating on pancakes and baking and cooking. Grade B, I assume, is what makes up the 2% of real maple syrup that is included in the sam's choice pancake syrup. What I am wondering is, what grade is the maple syrup, from a costco-sized plastic jug, which has exploded upon impact of meeting your kitchen floor, which has then been skillfully scraped up using a baking sheet and your hand and then poured into a bowl on the counter? These, the things you really need to know, I doubt were ever taught in any home-ec class.

I'm betting, that since the floor was mopped yesterday and no chilren stepped in the syrup, that it would be Grade G, which is for "good enough" to use in baking, cooking, or on an ussuming family :0) This is not too much of a stretch considering 2 members of our family actually eat dirt for enjoyment. (and since it cost like $14.00 or something ridiculous)

Comments

Popular Posts