Joe's cute sayings

So, before I forget what they are I wanted to record for posterity, a couple cute mispronunciations that my son has had.

The most recent was the other night when I was taking a bubble bath. Joe walked in and excitedly prounounced, "Mommy have cankles! Mommy have three cankles?!" Luckily he was vigorously waving his arms and pointing to my candles, so I didn't have to worry that he had been staying up late watching SNL skits on You tube. "Yes, Joe" I replied, "mommy has 3 candles."

The others I thought were cute were :

applehaus - instead of applesauce

cumonger - instead of cucumber

I know I am supposed to correct him, and I usually would, but sometimes it was so cute that I just had to say to him, "Yes, Joe, mommy has cumongers in her garden." We can blame me if he never learns to speak properly.

(note : he does say applesauce correctly now - so I assume he will find his way in the linguistic jungle)

Comments

Popular Posts