Bloomday Training Week 3

I thought I might die or puke, but so far neither has occurred. I survived jogging for 3 miles. I know it doesn't sound like much to some of you athletes (Titus' quote "we jogged in wrestling, but that was just to warm up for doing something harder.") but to me it was quite an accomplishment. I even have a blister!

My good friend, Kait, came to work out with me. Having her there meant that I wouldn't be able to "fudge" on my jogging. Thanks Kait!

On the way home Titus said, "You are a natural born runner." Of all the loving lies he's ever told me, I think I might have liked that one the best. I almost kissed him right there in the minivan. What a guy.

I will say about my husband's involvement in this running endeavor, that he is not always as kind. The first time we went jogging together I thought I would be in good shape because I had been running for weeks. Not so. I thought I could push the stroller - but had to give it to him. I thought I could keep a fast pace but then he casually asked (while pushing the double stroller up a hill), "Is this as fast as you go?"

Things between men and women are not fair. I will leave you with this final example. Tonight Titus came with us to workout at the Y for the first time in a month or so. We came home and he said, "I feel so skinny now." Yeah, one workout. Great. I do 3-4 a week and still feel fat. He goes one time and he needs a belt for his pants. There is good news here. If we come upon desperate times, I should be able to live off my fat stores for about twice as long as him. Take that!

Comments

Popular Posts