Bloomsday Update March 6

Do I really hate jogging? The jury is still out on that one. Titus and I were having a discussion the other day wherein I was saying that I dislike working out. He was challenging me to change my perspective. He explained that he doesn't like cleaning the house but he likes a clean house, so therefore he likes cleaning the house because he can associate the end result with the action. He applied this to other examples such as working and getting money, ect. It is tough being married to such a philosophical treasure trove of wisdom.

So, I have been considering this. Last week I would have told you without a doubt that I hate running. But I do like the endorphins. I like how I feel after I run. It's nice to feel fit. So maybe I do like running. I was pondering that today as I went for a jog. Not so bad, really. The golden sunshine was reflecting warmly off the windows as the sun began to slip into the horizon. The air was fresh. I could feel my body taking in oxygen, life. "Hey this old body does actually work, amazing!" I passed people who were out enjoying the warm spring evening. Kids at the park, fellow joggers, families playing in the yard. Thanks to all my friend's suggestions I had some great music to keep me company. Life is good.

I am posting my grand plan here to keep me accountable. I am almost to the the 8 weeks pre bloomsday mark. That is my official start date for training. I am going to the bloomsday training schedule suggested on their website, which is jogging three times a week starting at 1 mile working up to 7. Right now I can jog 2 miles pretty easily so the first few weeks shouldn't be too hard. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts