Your attention please!

In retrospect, it was obvious. The sudden aversion to coffee, bacon and my husband's snuggles. The feeling somewhat sick all the time. The super bursts of tears that came so easily. If nothing else, the nocturnal burping should have alerted me that my body was once again, no longer my own.
But it didn't. I think they call this denial. Anyhow, I was talking to my friend when she suggested I was pregnant. I said I couldn't be because I had had my period, although it was really short. She said that could have been implantation bleeding, so I took a test. At about 7 weeks along, I found out I was pregnant.
We went to the doctor yesterday and saw our little muffin on ultrasound. It has a beating heart and arm buds and is 1 3/4 cm long. :0) Not really cute, per se, but small and precious none the less. We will give him/her a good 7 months or so to work on cuteness.

When I saw the second line on that strip of paper I was surprised at how thrilled I was. Truly excited, not scared at all. For a moment, I thought I didn't want to tell anyone. No now, not for awhile, maybe not until the baby came out healthy. But then I realized the idiocy of my plan. First of all, I have one neighbor, one friend and one sister who regularly corner me to check the status of my fertility. (okay maybe a slight exageration) I could not lie to them. More importantly, I wanted all my praying friends and family to be praying for me and this wee little munckin. Also, I don't believe that anything will go wrong, but even if it did, I have never been known for my stalwart ability to soldier on. I need help, clearly, a lot of it. I need people who love me and support me. I'm just one of the needy ones, or the honest ones. So there you have it.
We are blessed and excited about our little mystery person, scheduled to arrive June 17th. I am praying of him or her every day. The scripture the Lord gave me for this pregnancy is "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper: and every toungue that accuses you in judgement you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their vindication is from me" declares the Lord." Is 54:17
Welcome to the family, newest Baby Hug!

Comments

Congratulations! I will be praying that everything goes wonderfully.
Levi said…
YAAAAYYY!! :) :) :) <3
Nicole said…
Congratulations, Elizabeth! I'll will definitely join in the prayers as well.

Popular Posts