The Kids

This guy has wild hair, frequently wets himself, and tends to curl up in a ball and cry if you deny his demands for chocolate. The good news is that he is the cutest thing on two legs, he frequently sings ballads, and his favorite thing to say to me is, "Mommy, I like you. Mommy, I love you. Mommy can I kiss you?" (Don't worry, he is required to finish all his food before administering kisses) He also had this endearing habit of referring to couples as one. We are "Mommy Daddy" and our neighbors Christopher and Eline are "Christerlene" both corporately and individually. For example, if I told Judah to ask Eline if he can have a cookie, he would say, "Christerlene, can I have a cookie?"
Joe drew this picture of me. Do you see the baby inside? Very artistic, I know. I was just touched that he had included this newest member of the family in his drawing, even if it does look like a dead fish. * I've always loved the things Joe says. I was reading to him from Exodus. He asked me what a festival is. I said that it is sort of like a party. Joe replied, "Except with no cake? And funner? And they might have pumpkins, right?" Today I decided to take back the house. It had been overcome by Styrofoam floaties, they started in the basement but had made it all the way upstairs, just another example lazy parenting gone bad. Last week Judah found a piece of styrofoam and started sawing on it with his plastic saw. I had no idea that it could be turned into so many minuscule particles. Considering my previous encounters with the sticky stuff, I should have known that it would break and stick to the little children's every part and turn the basement into a winter wonderland and the rest of the house into a plain old mess. Anyhow, when I went down into the basement to declare war on the root of the problem, Joe cried out in sadness, "But we love to play in the styrofoam!" Now I know, next year for his birthday I can just buy him a basement full of Styrofoam and have a vacuum sealed door with a suction hose installed at the top of the stairs, a child's dream come true. *

Comments

Popular Posts