Pregnacy Update (after a cup of tea)




"All your sons will be taught by the Lord,

and great will be your children's peace." Is 54:1

This is a great promise I am standing on.

*


Watching the boys play happily together is like drinking a perfectly made cup of tea. So delightful. I got to have an attitude adjustment yesterday. For some reason, I had begun to get frustrated by this season of life. Being 7 months pregnant (for the 4th time) has meant slowing down, giving things up, not being able to do what I want, and a big list of "can'ts". I can't clean my house in one day, can't lift the laundry basket to haul it upstairs, can't have people over for dinner, because I'm lucky to get my own family fed cereal. Last night the Lord revealed to me how ridiculous these thoughts were.


This is a sacred and special time. We are afforded the chance to slow down, as a family, and prepare for the next season. I may not have a sparkly house, but I can sit and read to my precious lambs. I may not be able to go out much, but I have some wonderful opportunities to enjoy my boys before the whirlwind of a new baby. I may not feel like I can minister to people through serving or hospitality, but I can minister to my own family through providing a presence of peace and joy in my home. More importantly I can minister to the Lord and receive from him in prayer and spending time with Him. How wonderful! I am indeed, blessed among women. Just don't expect me to get off the couch anytime soon.

Comments

Popular Posts