Days go by

Hello Friends,
I am feeling emotional today. Not so unusual I suppose. I feel sadness for our country. I am sad when I hear on the radio people saying that gay marriage is so right and normal and that everyone who does not think so is basically a crazy person. I do not feel like a crazy person. The institution of marriage, one man and one woman, goes back to the beginning of time. So excuse me if this whole business is not something that I can easily get used to. I have nothing against anyone, I just see the moral fabric of our society unraveling and it makes me sad.

Then I went shopping. I must be an official mom now because I seem to have developed a hatred toward the mall. I can't say why the mall made me sad, except that I think there are demon spirits that hang out there. I probably believe this due to my husband's influence. Plus whenever I go I feel not good- enough.

Then to top things off I went to WalMart. perhaps a bad decision. The aisles and aisles of worthless crap and the shortage of real food, was disheartening to me. Are we reduced to this? Are we a nation of mindless consumers who wouldn't know a real food item if it hit us in the face? Must everything come altered, prepared, frozen or preserved?

But in my sadness I remembered something great. What we have has never about what we were worthy to receive. In this world around us that judges us by what we can bring to the table, there is one who loves us for who we are. He loved us so much that he sent his son to do what we couldn't. It is a gift, oh so precious.

This is important for me to remember, not just for myself but for our nation. We are a people in need of grace. We cannot save ourselves by the strength of our moral character or  by any ability to be healthy consumers. The only thing that can save us is the awesome power of a mighty God. The only way we can receive his power is through humility. So I don't have to save the world. I just have to recognize our need and trust the only one who can meet it.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Comments

Popular Posts