Gasp

I was a gasper, much to my mother's dismay. If I remember correctly the state of Georgia caused particular problems with gasping.  I love old houses, I especially love porches and pillars. Some of the old houses in Georgia were adorned with porches and pillars that can be described as no less than gasp-worthy. They were exquisite, divine, massive. They were architectural delights, beautiful for the eye to behold.

The problem was that as we drove down the road in our thirty foot rv, these houses would appear from behind the dark green foliage without warning. One minute we would be driving serenely down the road, the next minute there would be the need for a large unexpected gasp. This seemed to cause my mother great displeasure, apparently something about keeping the vehicle on the road.

The thing is that I was just so overtaken by joy and wonder at the beauty, at the sheer loveliness, I could not contain my self.

Well our new house (yes our offer was accepted, I didn't say anything because I can be a private/cautious person sometimes. I didn't tell people about Titus until I could announce him as my fiance.) has a porch that is gasp worthy. Is is huge and it goes the whole front and wraps around the side of the house. It has immense columns and a grand staircase leading up to it all. To boot it faces the south which means I can fill it with brightly colored flowers. Such delight.

The truth is I am in a state of shock. I didn't expect to be moving. But God is good. Sometimes his love and care for is just nothing short of gasp worthy. Takes my breath away.

Comments

Sharon said…


Is the house in Spokane? It sounds wonderful. I am so happy for you.
MrsDandy said…
So happy for you! Porches are fabulous, have fun picking out flowers!

Popular Posts