To Hawaii we go!

Some things are just funny, like the fact that I looked at my to do list and saw right there, casually listed next to each other were go to the gym and make fudge. Hmm, I think I see the beginnings of a vicious cycle.

I can't sleep. I'm so excited, it is like Santa is coming! Except better! :) I am really excited to go to warm lands with my sweetie. I can hardly contain myself in this chair at the thought of it. I want to burst forth into spontaneous jumping, but I used up all my extra energy at the Y today. I have been to three classes for the very first time this week: cycling, strength conditioning, and pilates. Nothing like an upcoming trip for motivation.

Okay, now for the real reason I am here to write. Oh, I guess it's because I can't sleep. That doesn't really give us much. Hmm.

"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone?"
Indeed I think this is true because as soon as I returned home from my road trip to deliver the boys, I realized how vacant our house seems without them. In the quiet I noted how extraordinary my life is, how absolutely wonderful it is to have Joe and Judah in my life. They bring more richness than I ever could have dreamed. Just having a few moments at home without them brought home the revelation of how precious they are. I guess I sort of get used to it when I am around them all the time. (not to mention with all the wild banshee like screeching that normally happens when they are here) I don't have a lot of quiet moments to reflect on God's goodness and the beauty of his plan called family.

So while I miss my boys already and really want to give them a big squeeze, I know that they are in good hands. Plus, maybe because of his intuitive nature, Judah came in bed and played and snuggled with me for almost an hour this morning. He was so cute. He would stroke my cheek or play tickling games with me. Then Joe came and joined when he got up. We all had a good little play time together before the rush of the morning began. They are such precious little boys. Part of the reason we are taking this trip is for them.

Okay, maybe that sounds like a bit of a stretch to you. The reality of the situation is that I have seen people that seemed like they had good marriages, but something went wrong. They gradually just drifted apart and let the priority of their marriage slip as other more pressing things demanded their attention. I know that to keep our marriage great will take constant effort. I feel like this trip will be a good time to connect and work toward that goal. (or maybe that's just what I tell myself to justify leaving the boys:)) I believe that the health and happiness of our family flows out of the strength of our relationship.

Not that you have to have a week long getaway to a tropical paradise to have a wonderful marriage, but it sure as hell can't hurt.

I have many more deep revelations to share, but exhaustion has finally overcome excitement and I am now ready for bed. Goodnight all, I hope to have more happy tales to share with you soon.

Comments

Popular Posts