Bloomsday Training Music Assistance Needed

This is embarrassing to admit, but I am having trouble finding music to keep me going on my workouts. The best I have found for sound is Beyonce radio on Pandora. The problem with this is that I have to skip every other song because I am so offended by the lyrics. When I do find a song with great rhythm that I just cannot pass by, it often has lyrics that I do not understand, such as the following :
"Ladies leave your man at home
The club is full of ballas and they pockets full grown."
Ignorance in these instances is somewhat of a godsend. I imagine that if I did understand the lyrics I would have to skip all the songs.

While I realize that wholesome music with a good beat for running might be an impossibility, I was at least hoping for something that wouldn't leave my soul feeling like it needs a shower after my workout.

I am putting this out as a plea for those of you with more music knowledge than myself, please help! I would love to know of any worthwhile music that has a good beat and does not have as it's soul purpose the exploitation of women, the hatred of men, or the empty pursuit of material things. Thank you :)

As far as actual running I am now running 2 miles regularly which is more than I was before :) My ankle is bothering me though, but I'm not sure what that means. Probably run faster!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well... I don't have a lot of songs to tell you... but I TOTALLY understand your dilemma. I've found Lenny Kravitz's Always on the Run to be a great running song.

I look forward to seeing what others recommend. :) See you at Bloomsday! I'll be the one running. ;P
Melissa Etheridge, "I run for life"
Kendra said…
I really like the Supertones and some of Five Iron Frenzy (both of which Caleb does not like). Beautiful Life by Ace of Bace is good. Also, I've heard MXPX is good, but I haven't actually listened to them. That is some of my "pick me up" music.
Nicole said…
Alright my current list of exercise music is:
I Gotta Feeling - Black eyed peas
All the Singles Ladies - Beyonce
Crazy In Love - JayZ & Beyonce
Pump It - Black eyed peas
Hey Ya - Outkast
Dance Dance - Fall out boy
This Ain't a Scene - Fall out Boy
Sexyback - Justin Timberlake

Popular Posts