Joeisms

Tonight as I was tucking Judah into bed Joe called out to me, "Mom, I have to tell you something." When I came over to his bed he whispered to me, "Me and Judah and dad tucked our flammy." At first I was concerned, thinking this might be a reference to some kind of bodily function. I asked him to repeat himself. Still it was something about the "flammy". After asking him to repeat himself again I realized what he was trying to say was, "Me and Judah and dad protect our family."
"Yes you do." I answered then added, "and God protects all of us."
When I closed the door Joe called one last nugget of wisdom, "And cowboys, too!"

*

When we were going to the bank to deposit funds, Joe was asking about money and where we get it. I said that people get it in a number of ways, through working, from our parents, as an inheritance, and because God blesses us with it. After thinking for a moment Joe asked, "Does God take it from pirates and give it to us?" He certainly could. That's one take on Prov 13:22 "A good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous." :)

*
It sure is great to have some encouragement when you are trying to get in shape. Today as I was doing pilates Joe stood in front of me and shouted, "You are getting stronger, mom! I can see it!"

Comments

Popular Posts