A camera perhaps?

I have these really cute subjects available to photograph. The problem is that my shots are inevitably too late and blurry. I will share an example:
It was Judah's first time sleeping in a big bed. We were at our friend's house and decided to put the boys in their guest bed. Judah was so excited to be sleeping with his big brother that he eagerly jumped under the covers and promised not to get out of bed. He stayed true to his promise.

The problem was Joe. Cries came from the guest bed moments after leaving the boys. Joe's complaint, "He's poking me with his finger". The usual cycle of calling followed by parental admonitions followed:

A cry from the bedroom, "He's touching me."

Parent walks to room, "Judah don't touch your brother." Parent back to living room.

A cry from the bedroom, "He's on my side".

Parent walks to room, "Judah stay on your side". Parent back to living room.

Repeat. (for approx 1 hours)

The kids finally fell asleep. When we went to get them we found that Judah had won the snuggle battle. They were both curled together like little bear cubs in the middle of the bed. It was so cute, thus I went to take a picture, but alas all I have is an iPhone, so this is what I got.

As I said, too late and blurry.

Notice Joe's battle wound in the photo below:

He is wearing that camo bandage because his mother threw a zip line at his head. I don't know what the worst part was; watching helplessly as he failed to grab the zip line with his hands and seeing it thunk into his forehead, holding him telling him he was okay then realizing there was blood gushing out of his face, or hearing him respond to queries about his band-aid by saying, "My mom hit my head with a zip line."
He is, in true boy fashion, a quick healer and able to proudly wear his battle scar. As you can see it didn't keep him from enjoying the zip line again.
P.S. Thanks, Jenny, for having us to play. I would like to say that we won't need to borrow anymore band-aids if we come over again, but I can't make any promises.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts