Guns and government.

Picture this: my son playing cowboy running around the house while I stand in front of the bathroom mirror trying to tame my hair. It seems to be a pretty innocent domestic scene.
Then Joe comes in shooting his imaginary gun and declares to me, "Mom this is my new Winchester."
"Really?" I answer. "Where did you get it?"
"At the Winchester Store." Obviously.
"How did you pay for it?"
"Money."
"Where did you get the money?"
"I pulled out my wallet and got it."
"Where did the money come from?"
"The government."

I always wondered where this ridiculous dependency on the government originated. Apparently it starts at age 4 when you need money for your new gun. Thus the insidious spirit of entitlement rears it's ugly head.

Comments

Kendra said…
Glad to know our tax dollars are going to good use.

Popular Posts