34 Weeks


You can't be too picky with a 5 year old photographer.

*

Every morning at approximately 5 am the baby and I have a little argument. The baby says he/she is hungry. I point out all the reasons he/she should not be hungry. For example, "I had an extra portion at dinner, in spite of the risk of heartburn, so that you would not be hungry during the night." or more likely, "Look here baby, see these choice stores of fat surrounding you, they should provide plenty of nourishment for an entire month, let alone these few hours until proper breakfast time." At this point I often point to the large stores, squishing the options that the baby has to live off of. It doesn't usually work. I only win about 20% of the time.

The rest of the time I have to waddle down the stairs in search of quick nourishment. This morning I learned that Raisin Bran is not a good choice - too much sugar. By the time I got back to bed the baby was doing what I can only imagine was river dancing. Next time I'll stick with cheerios.

*

There is an old Chuck Girard song, written in the year of my birth, called, " Don't Shoot the Wounded". (If you know of this song you are a rare and kindred spirit). For some reason it remains vividly with me from my childhood. The song is basically about not judging people too harshly. I've said all this as a distraction so you won't notice what I am about to say which is that I wet my pants yesterday. It's true.

I had a broccoli floret go up the wrong passage and begun involuntarily coughing. The broccoli was so troubling to my system that the coughing became violent. Anyone who has had 2 cups of tea (at a tea party mind you) and is 34 weeks pregnant should not be coughing violently. Especially if it's their fourth child.

In any case, I will say I am more sympathetic to my three year old's plight now.

*

The worst part about waking up to pee when you are pregnant is that it reminds you of all the other stuff that is bothering you. When I am asleep I don't seem to notice that I have heartburn, a yeast infection, and a large being squirming inside of me. Once I am awake though, I am keenly aware of such things. That is just one more reason to look forward to having the baby on the outside waking me up :)


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts