36 Long Weeks



This is a doubly informative photo. You can see my baby bump and our RED walls all at once.



I have decided to come here and whine. I know that sounds bad, but it's true. I have a headache, backache and heartburn. I am exhausted and can't fall asleep. That is the story of week 36.



Perhaps this is God's way of helping me overcome any trepidation about the birthing process. I have been taking daily injections since my 8th week of pregnancy and have yet to give myself even one shot! I am a weenie. So, every time I start to approach the time of birthing I tend to get a little freaked out. I think that I can't do it. I mean, think about it for a moment. It is a ridiculous process. Ouch!



Yet, the more miserable I get, the less frightening this birthing thing sounds. How hard can it be? Push the child out. Piece of cake. Anything to get rid of this heartburn, constipation, and exhaustion. Oh wait, the exhaustion continues. Well, forget about that for now. At least it's exhaustion accompanied by new baby smell, really cute feet and a fuzzy head.


In other news I have grown increasingly fond of outfits that make me look like an overripe watermelon, which I think is appropriate. My most comfortable shorts are stretchy and white. Coupled with a salmon colored camisole I feel very much like a fruit while wearing it around the house - yet such comfort. Also I have a giant hot pink mumu. It's more of a bag dress really. I think I could be growing up to eight children in here and you wouldn't be able to tell. It's great.



My husband, bless his soul, has been a saint. He's cleaned the house, mowed the lawn, watched the boys and kept our family fed. However, for his sake, we should all pray the baby comes soon. I had an exceptionally grumpy day on Friday (which followed a wonderful small group where we talked about the wonders of the joy of the Lord and prayed for joy for everyone. I must have given my portion directly to the baby - which is also what I do with all the fat calories in ice cream). I don't know how I can be so very mean, but it does give me opportunies for repentance and realizing how much I need Jesus.



Anyhow, I was a grouch on Friday and what does my husband do on Saturday? Make me croissants and coffee for breakfast, watch the boys while I get a massage and lunch with a friend, plus cleans the house and grills salmon for dinner. What a guy!


See I have no reason to complain, and yet I do anyway. I'm going to go make myself do my pregnant yoga now or go for a walk and have some tea. I feel so much better if I exercise but getting myself to do it is like rock climbing without limbs, perhaps not impossible, but it sounds like it. Maybe this will be my last pregnancy post. You never know......




Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts