Being a kid.

"Woo Hoo Leaves!"

"I can hardly contain the joy of beautiful autumn weather, I think I'll dance!"

" A leaf on my leg? How cool is that!"


"Just pardon me one moment while I bathe in leaves."
*

Oh the joy and wonder of childhood,  so carefree. If you happen to be a child, don't be in a hurry to grow up. Once you are a grownup you get to pay for stuff like new brakes and toilet paper. I like to think of myself as a generous person, but not once as a youth did I say, "Gee, mom and dad, I've been living here free for all these years. I really think it's time for me to start contributing. I would like to give you back some of my allowance to cover my share of the toilet paper."

The bummer about being all grown up is that you get to pay for your own dentistry. I went to the dentist with a sore tooth today and was told I need work somewhere between $1400 and $2300. Who wants to pay for that?

I was saving up for a laptop. That is exciting, fun to pinch pennies for. But a dentist bill? Not so much.

This made me think about all the stuff we pay for that we wish we didn't have to, car repairs, doctor visits, white socks, laundry detergent. Not that I'm not grateful for these things. It's just that I wish there was a bill fairy for them. While I was bemoaning the fact that I am a responsible adult with an upcoming $1400 dentist bill it came to me.

"And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Mt 18:13

And then you have it on the venerable word of our favorite treasure trove of wisdom, Joe, "It's more fun being a kid then a grown-up."

So even though I'm a grownup, I can still find the childlike joy in trusting my heavenly father and knowing that God takes care of his kids.
"For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" Mt. 6:32 and 33
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Lauren said…
What a wonderful post!

Popular Posts