Nov 7 - Healthy Eating


So, we have made it through 1 week of our special eating plan. ( I despise the word "diet")

For those who would like to know the reason for this non-diet, it is a temporary trial to see if it helps with some issues. There you go.
Today was the first time I had energy to workout. I told my friend that I thought I might actually gain weight, because not eating flour and sugar I had no energy to workout, or do much of anything but sit around like a big lug. (Is a lug a thing or am I thinking of something else? a thug? no that sounds criminal. Anyhow, I just did Zumba so you can't expect me to think properly)

 I am finally figuring out what to eat. At first I just stopped eating sugar and flour and then suddenly there was nothing left. What can I eat?! It was celery and brown rice. Not pretty.


I have gotten better. Here is what we had today.

Steel Cut Oats
Ham & Cream Cheese Rolls w/ pickle (have to interject that Joe though these were amazing and wanted to know where I got the recipe. I told him I ate them when I was young and then he wanted to know where Grandma got the recipe).
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Chicken Curry Salad w/grapes, served with rice crackers and apples
                                                  Pork Roast, Veggies au Gratin, Applesauce

And now I am off to try to find something healthy to replenish my Zumba calories.
Perhaps cottages cheese and pineapple or a pomegranate.

2 things I have noticed:
1) I have to spend a lot of time planning and preparing food in order to eat this way.
2) I have to snack and eat a lot, sometimes when I don't even feel hungry, to get enough to keep my milk supply up for baby Ashie. One tends to feel pretty full of veggies, but that's not always enough calories so I have to grab cheese or a handful of nuts.

Also - our day off was Sunday. We had talked about taking 1 day a week off, but hadn't really decided when the hand of Providence intervened. I was riding as a passenger with my friend when she ordered a drink at Starbucks.  When we got to the window she got her drink as well as a free Eggnog Frappachino that they made wrong for another customer. If that is not a sign, what is?
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts