Life.... worth fighting for

Today is Pro Life Sunday, the 39th Anniversary of Roe vs Wade.

Sometimes it is easy to get discouraged in the fight to end abortion. My parents gave years of their lives actively fighting against abortion. They are not alone. Many have devoted their lives to this cause.

Lately when I think about abortion in America, I remember slavery in America. There were many people who gave their lives to end that injustice, and it was a fight that took years. Looking back it seems so inevitable, of course our nation would choose the right path, we would not allow one group of people to enslave another. It is so wrong. How could we have let it continue?

Yet to those fighting the battle against slavery it was not inevitable. It was a real and true battle and they did not know the outcome. I am reminded of that today. When I look around at a culture that allows the slaughter of innocent life it seems impossible. With our modern technology it is so obvious that what lies within a mother's womb is a living human being, not a blob of tissue.

I look forward to the day when abortion will no longer be legal in our nation. I look forward to telling my children and grandchildren that I stood to fight this injustice and prayed fervently for it's end. I know that day will come and reminding myself of that gives me courage to keep up the fight.

I hope you will join me in standing up for those who can not speak for themselves.  There are so many ways to get involved. 40 days for life starts on Feb 22nd and it is a peaceful prayer vigil going on all over the world. It is an intensive prayer focus to bring an end to abortion.  For more info click Here.  There are so many ways we can be active - support single moms who kept their babies, support ministries like Lifeservices here in Spokane, pray - our prayers rock heaven and will shake the earth, foster a culture of life - have babies, adopt babies, reach out to kids in need. Today there are so many ways to celebrate life, go out and do it!

Comments

Popular Posts