Two

I have never understood it when people say they lost themselves in a relationship. I mean, I suppose I can grasp the concept. But I don't really get it.

My husband has pushed me further, encouraged me more than anyone,  and not stood for it when I wanted to give up on my dreams.  I often feel overwhelmed and consider that maybe I should just stop. I know that's not really an option, but as a mom, sometimes the idea sounds nice. Maybe I should stop pushing, stop trying to live big, stop chasing after the more that God has for me.

Every time I suggest  shrinking back, my husband won't let me get away with it. Now, I know that he is an optimistic encourager, that is just part of his gift. But I will say this, there is nothing as wonderful as spending your life with someone who calls you to greatness, even when- especially when, you don't feel you have it in you.

Lately God has put Is 54 on my heart.  vs 2 "Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch our tent curtains wide, do not hold back: lengthen your cords, strengthen you stakes." It's not really a shrinking back sort of scripture.

As people of faith we are not called to shrink back. We are called to be bold, holy and radical (yes giving up your whole life is radical). That is something that requires grace. It requires Jesus. But it also requires encouragement.

I am so so so thankful for a partner in life who not only supports but challenges me. Okay, not always, sometimes I want to ignore him and go find the couch and some bonbons. But really I just wanted to challenge our culture's idea that if you marry young that somehow you lose out on being who you really are and following your dreams.  For me at least, marrying young has made carving out my path in life that much easier.  It has made my dreams bigger.  Good thing I have help to chase after them. ; )

Comments

Kendra said…
Amen Sister! It's definitely nice to go through life with someone always there to encourage you to be the best version of your self.

Popular Posts