The Mom on Her Own

Some of us deserve the ill-made pancakes and hand picked dandelions we receive on mother's day but there is someone I know who deserves all of that, plus a medal of valor, a crown in heaven, and a 15 day spa package.

She is mom but she is also dad. She takes the day shift and also the night shift. Sometimes when my husband is gone for one weekend, I experience for a few days what this amazing woman does every day, bearing the sole responsibility of caring for her kids.

I want to tell you about her because her tenacity amazes me.  She could get stuck looking back on her life, seeing shattered dreams in the review mirror, but she doesn't. She cries her tears seen often only by her heavenly father. But those tears are not what define her. What defines her is her love, her commitment, and her courage. 

She is beautiful, she is a champion, she is amazing even when no one is there to notice except a snot-nosed toddler.  I wonder if I were in her shoes if I would walk with the grace that she does. One thing I know for sure is that God carries her close to his heart. He holds her close, he lifts her up, he gives her strength.

Sometimes she feels insecure in her role. Despite the fact that she is doing one hell of a job, sometimes she wonders if it's enough. Thats why I wanted to declare today how truly amazing she is. Every bit of love, purpose, hope and sacrifice she pours into her little one is making a big impact. I can see it on her child's face. They know that they are loved.

Even though she may be a single parent, she is not alone. Maybe I don't speak up loud enough, or often enough, but I silently cheer her as I watch her managing her crew so bravely. I admire her as I watch her fight her battles with a smile on her face. I join my faith with hers as we look toward a future brighter than we can even imagine. She is my hero.

"But as it is written, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9



Comments

Popular Posts