And the pinch.

Funny story. I wrote this blog about love, how it was so grand and wonderful and challenging. Then the next day I was rewarded with a chance to implement all those wonders I wrote so rapturously of.

My husband casually mentioned to me that he would be golfing on Memorial Day. Fine, it's a holiday, do something fun for a few hours, come home, spend time with the fam, BBQ, whatever. Well the other night he clarified to me his plan was to golf  36 holes on Memorial Day.

For those of you who aren't golf enthusiasts, you should know that golfing 36 holes (18 at 2 different courses) can take the whole day. I was mad. Fuming mad. See, holidays are a huge thing to me. We used to go camping every memorial day weekend. It was a tradition. Only last year we had a baby instead. So my husband went golfing for 36 holes.

This year my husband has been really blessed with work. In fact, so much so, that I didn't think we could do the camping. It's a lot of work to take a family of 6 camping and I didn't want to do all the prep and cleanup without him, so I tucked my dreams of a family camping trip away for a future date.

I actually thought my husband might have to work Memorial Day, with all that he has going on. Imagine my delight when he informed me he was taking the day off, it is a holiday after all. Then imagine my anger, when he informed me he would be spending the entirely of his time off GOLFING.

The thing is this. Sometimes love is hard. You want the person you are with to do what you want and sometimes they don't. Sometimes you whine, and scream, and shout and things get ugly. Sometimes you think of doing an internet search to prove that men who golf 36 holes on holidays have severely diminished sex lives.

I don't have all the answers, but when I was especially mad at my husband the Lord reminded me of my very last blog post. Drat.

Love looks to the interest of the other person. Ouch. Sometimes that is easier to write about than it is to do. That's why we need Jesus. Always have, always will.

Help me Jesus, to love my husband, even if he does golf 36 holes on a holiday.

Comments

Popular Posts