The wonder of children.

Currently the boys are located under the dining room table participating in some activity I am sure I would not approve of. I think it has to do with using up a momentous quantity of our Costco wipes. I am choosing to ignore this activity and instead listen to worship music on the computer. I know that the boys are still alive because of the screams and shrieks that regularly penetrate my headphones. If there was silence I would need to be concerned.

Joe is a great help to me. He has had the following responses to my crying:

He has brought forth a large stuffed goose to repeatedly kiss me on the mouth (it felt more like pecking, but I believe it was intended to be kissing. At least it had soft beak.)

He has asked me if I needed snuggles, then run up to me and proceeded to snuggle my feet and calves with as much intensity as he could muster. Following this he said, "You happy now, Mommy?" "I make you happy!"

He has asked me if I am crying, "agggaaaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnn.".

And then this morning he looked at me matter of factly and told me that I should, "turn to happiness."

One great thing about kids is their ability to find entertainment in the most mundane household items. I don't know why we even bother buying them toys. They spent most of Tuesday completely occupied by a newspaper and some laundry baskets. They spread the papers out over the floor, then picked them up and rumpled them in the laundry basked. This arrangement was almost as much fun to jump into as the bouncy balls they used to keep at McDonald's.

Joe spent a large portion of his time telling me which items were on sale. Notable sales were for Sponge Bob Squarepants band aids, pop and chips. He was a dutiful son though and also informed me that cauliflower and raspberries were on sale.

His dad was quite taken aback when he was walking with Joe through Home Depot the next day. When they were walking down the tool aisle Joe shouted out, "Dad, those tools are on sale. I saw them yesterday in the paper!" Indeed the tools were on sale. What a helpful shopping buddy for dad.

Comments

Popular Posts