Autumn Rose

You know it seems fitting to me that Isabelle died in the fall. The fall is the season for death, really. The leaves fall from from the trees giving up their green coat. They turn resplendent in the vibrance of their death. The colors fill the trees and then the ground. Slowly the cold sets in and before you know it everything seems dead, the grass, the garden, the plants. The clouds cover the sky. It is the season of regeneration.

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. John 12:24

This scripture came to me and a few other people. I believe that Isabelle's short life will have lasting repercussions on earth. Even as she is in heaven, we will feel the effects of her life. In other words, her life will bear fruit. Her life had purpose. God will not be thwarted, death is not the bummer to him that it is to us. He has swallowed up death in life.

The color I chose for the granite on Isabelle's gravestone is Autumn Rose. Even that seemed right. She was my little Autumn Rose, unfortunately I will not get to admire the fullness of her bloom until the spring of eternity.

Comments

Kaitlin said…
I was thinking when your Dad said that your Mom was just as sad or even more sad than you because she was expecting a grandaughter, that I bet a lot of people feel that way. I know I do. I've been trying to figure out for myself if the reason I've been so incredibly sad for you is because I'm hormonal or because your sadness is almost visible or what. But I think it's because I too had many plans for our girls. I was beyond excited that Isabelle and Lucy would have the same birthday month and maybe when they were older they would be best friends. I think you should know alot of people are in mourning for Isabelle with you and not just sad "at" you. Does that make sense? Your pain is of course no where near what anyone else is feeling but I think everyone feels her loss and because of that she will always be remembered.
Make sense? :) Love you

Popular Posts