Preschool Co-op Anyone?

Some of you may not be aware that homeschoolers suffer greatly from the absence of socialization that public school provides. They are often shy, unable to communicate in public situations and pitifully devoid of friends. Something to this effect was what a woman shared with me before I told her, that my husband and I had, in fact, been home schooled. At least I wasn't the one sticking my foot in my mouth this time.



When I think about the homeschoolers I know, the above assumptions seem laughable. My husband, who interacts with at least 20 different people a day, Kaitie who is so social she starts her own mom's groups, Allison who has often tackled public speaking and regularly entertains new friends in her home, yes these are the homeschoolers I know.



Anyhow, I would hate to subject my children to this dreaded fate of homeschooling isolation and social retardation. Okay, so I am mostly kidding but the reality is that I am thinking of starting a homeschooling co-op. I was wondering if any other mothers of 3-5 year olds would be interested in joining such a thing. I was thinking of meeting of Fridays for a few hours in the morning. Depending on what my research (and any helpful friends) reveals, I may purchase a curriculum or make something up, or steal shamelessly from someone smarter than myself.



I'm just in the thinking stage at the moment but wanted to see if anyone else would be interested. Ideally there would be about 4-8 kids. We could rotate houses or I would be willing to have it here every week.

If all else fails we can put on "Hooked on Phonics" in the basement, lock the kids down there, and all have coffee. What could go wrong?

Comments

Popular Posts